Saturday 27 September 2014

Excursion part1 - PRE-TRIP

What's more awesome than having a chance to go PARIS and LONDON for study trip?

Heard the news that we are going to Europe country for Minor subject's Experiencing Culture at the starting of the semester. But first thing that came to my mind was - MONEY. I don't think my family would afford the expenses. So I rejected the trip at first. *sobs at corner*

But then! My family gave me permission to spend my PTPTN money for it, seriously I was sooooo excited that I tempted to pack my luggage a few weeks before the trip!

So gonna pack my
luggage while rushing
assignments...

I'm very sensitive to coldness, so I was so worried that I couldn't stand the cold weather as it's early autumn season. I was afraid that I would have homesick too... but these still cannot stop me from travelling!

My mom borrowed
many coats from
relatives and most
of them are winter
coats...

The trip started from 11st September to 22nd September. It is a long and far journey, thus my classmates and I have made a lot of preparation before the trip, like class presentation, research, blah blah...

On 11st September, the whole class gathered at KLIA at 5pm. After checking in the baggage, we walked around the airport to look for lunch, but I didn't eat there because the foods are bloody expensive! A normal plate of char kuey teow costs RM23, and a piece of roti canai is RM13! Seriously I'd starve rather than having meals there!

A luggage and a backpack (at the center)
of mine. Taken in KLIA.
BON VOYAGE!

It was my second flight, Emirates Airline
(the first flight was Air Asia) and I was quite surprised
that every seats have a TV screen! So syokkkk!


Spent my time re-watching Harry Potter movie series during the flight, as the TV had the whole series inside! <<Harry Potter hardcore fans

The flight took around 17 hours, including waiting time for transit on Dubai International Airport. It was boring, so I spent my time walking around and feeling the surrounding, watching people from different countries, looking at the inspiring and futuristic interior architecture, and sleeping.

Dubai International Airport's interior architecture.
It plays with lighting, organic elements, reflective materials
that create futuristic feels. I like this kind of design so much!

The grand design of the airport. Plantation is put inside yet
it's blended with the interior environment.

Another spot I like in the airport.

And this too! I like the ceiling so much!


We landed on Paris international airport safely in the morning on 12th September. I sat too long until I couldn't feel my butt.

In Paris airport!

Yea. SELFIE FIRST.

Once we reached Paris airport, I felt like I was entering an unknown new world - a totally unfamiliar space surrounded with people and language of French.

My feeling when I reached Paris.

I was surprised of the airport's design because I thought it would be as wowly as Dubai's airport. Light earth color marble tiles flooring, rough concrete wall and ceiling make the airport looks old. However the ambiance is delightful with vast skylight and full-height fixed glass walls.

The special design of roof.

The old marble tiles flooring.


I thought the weather would be freaking freezing but once we stepped out from the airport, the temperature was just similar to that in air-conditioned room or Genting Highlands. *phewww*

By taking bus, 
we were ready to start our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment